Monday, March 31, 2014

Date Nights!!

Happy Monday!  I am so glad the first day of the week is over.  This is the only day of the week I don't have a pull-out so the day always seems to go on forever!  Doesn't it seem you NEVER get as much done as you think you can?  I planned to stay at work a little late to get some work done, and the next thing I knew someone had stopped by to chat and I was leaving school at 5:30 with half the amount accomplished I wanted to get done.  But that is life.  We get up, we work, then we do it all over again the next day.  It's a crazy circle.

I thought I'd share a little something with you that I made a few months ago.  Sean's birthday was approaching and I was searching high and low for an idea.  When I turned to my trusty friend Pinterest, I found the idea for a Date Night box.  I knew I had hit the jackpot!  Sean and I try to make sure we have date nights, but many times we end up simply staying at home and watching a movie or favorite show.  Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love our nights in and impromptu plans.  But I thought I could mix it up a bit and plan some unique nights for us.



Introducing the Date Box!  Inside the box are 12 envelopes, each with a pre-planned and pre-paid date night.


The first explained what the box was and how it all would work.  At the beginning of each month we get to open up the envelope and see what's in store.  It's so much fun!  So far we've had a Harry Potter movie night and this past weekend we made a fort and watched Lord of the Rings while planning our London trip this summer.  So far it's been a success!  It's lots of fun waiting to open the envelopes, and I've already forgotten which date is in each month so it's a surprise for me too!

To shift gears for a quick moment, I've been thinking a lot lately about an orphanage I got to visit in Kenya.  Several things have been bringing the experience to my mind, and I've been feeling God leading me to do something about that experience.  Later this week I'll be writing about something I'm going to be planning for this summer.  For now, please pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment