Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Waiting Game

31.  That is the number of positions I have applied for tonight.  31 possible jobs.  31 chances for someone to  say yes to me...or no.  The worst part of job hunting is the Waiting Game.  You know the game.  You put in the applications, then you paint your nails just so you can peel the polish while you anxiously await the calls.  But you really don't want the calls because when the phone rings, your heart starts pounding at the possibility that it could be someone saying no.  Or worse, they say yes and you feel like you have NO CLUE what you're doing.  Yes, the Waiting Game is not my friend.

In my anxious post-application state I searched for some Bible verses on waiting.  Going to Bible verses instead of the ice cream is better for my peace of mind... and that wedding dress!  That's when I came across this passage:


"Who hopes for what he already has?  But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:24-29

It's such a comfort to know that God has a plan.  In this whole job search I have no idea where I should be.  What grade should I teach?  Do I want an easy school or is God calling me to a more challenging school?  It's a difficult thing to find your place.  Like the verse says, I might not know exactly what to pray but I don't need to.  God knows where He wants me and He will get me there.

In the meantime, I'm going to busy myself with wedding excitement!  I've been glittering clothespins the past few days for a photograph display that will go on the cake table.  Plus, the Contentment Challenge begins this Saturday!  I'm thinking the hobby I'm going to take up will be photography.  I've always wanted to learn, and I just used my graduation money to buy a new camera.  Will you be joining Jessica and me in the Challenge?  What new hobby/project will you be taking on?

No comments:

Post a Comment