Saturday, June 1, 2013

Contentment Challenge Kickoff!

Well before we get down to business I am SUPER excited to announce that Sean and I have found our apartment!  It's not official yet, but he's going in tomorrow and hopefully it will be official.  I'm so excited!  It's so crazy to start making all these decisions and seeing the new life we're going to have come together.  Yay!

Today my friend Jessica's Contentment Challenge begins!  Time to learn to be content with what we have and enjoy life.  I've decided to modify the challenge a bit.  The thing that I am going to be giving up for this Challenge is sweets.  I absolutely LOVE chocolate.  And ice cream.  And pretty much any other type of sugar.  So I'm deciding to say no to the junk.  It might make me feel good in the moment, but the weight it adds on doesn't make me feel good about myself.  Plus it doesn't help my health.  Time to take care of myself and find joy in bigger, better things.

Jessica has given us a challenge for this week and a verse for this month.  Here's the info:

Memory Verse for June:  James 1:17
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."

Book for the Month:  The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge (my choice)

Challenge for the week:  Find something to replace the chocolate!
I've got a few things I'm going to focus on.  First, read my Bible more.  I do NOT do this near as much as I should.  I always feel much more full when I read my Bible regularly.  I'm also going to start taking photos with my camera and working on my photography skil.  Lastly, I'm going to focus my energy on making sure I'm becoming the wife I want to be.  Because it's not just about me anymore.  I've got another person in my life.  I'm going to have a husband!  And he deserves my best.

What are you working on for the Contentment Challenge?  Are you ready to feel more content?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, first of all... I absolutely love you and that you are doing this with me!! It makes my Heart so happy that we can be far away and still have something to share. Second, I love this new blog!! And third, you are going to be a GREAT wife and I love you and Sean and I already asked off for the third!!

    ReplyDelete