Thursday, June 13, 2013

Food and Fun

What a week it's been!  There's been some good and some bad.  The bad first.  I ate sweets!  I know, I know.  Tisk tisk.  The reason for my lapse in resolve was a Chopped Challenge Party.  Here's the short version:  Everyone makes a dessert that includes 4 required ingredients.  Our required ingredients were blackberries, wonton wrappers, caramel chews, and bacon.  Sounds crazy, right?  We had three competitors and the results were fantastic!  Sean and I entered the competition together and came up with our own recipe.  We were incredibly proud of ourselves.  We mixed blackberries, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cinnamon together with some bacon.  Then we wrapped it in the wonton wrappers, fried it, and melted the caramels to drizzle over the top.  Delicious!!

My goofy guy cooking away

The three desserts.  They were fantastic!

Us with our creation.

Since Sean was out this week we went to Yosemite to see Half Dome and the waterfalls.  This is where the good comes in.  I got to work on my photography skills!  Well, I took some pictures.  I don't know if it exactly qualified as working on my skills, but a girl's gotta start somewhere!  Here's some sample shots.





I can't wait to work on my photography skills some more!  I also got to (almost) finish the DIY project I'm doing with dad for the wedding.  We have the frame built for the picture display and all I have to do is thread the rope and add pictures.  I'll post a photo when it's all put together.  Dad's also using his awesome laser cutter to make our cake topper and I can't wait to see the finished product.  A big thanks to my incredible dad for making my day even more special!

The side boards for the frame.

The prototype for our cake topper.  How awesome will that look?
Hopefully this next week I'll be better about my sweets.  Hope you all have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment